Last Updated: November 7, 2017
Collection and Use of Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”)
2. Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Services, to administer your use of the Services (including your Account, if you are an Account holder), and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services.
How we collect and use information
3. The following are some examples of how we might collect and use PII:
Collection and Use of Non-PII
4. We also collect non-PII − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-PII for any purpose. We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where the Services are used so that we can better understand customer behaviour and improve our Services.
5. If we do combine non-PII with PII the combined information will be treated as PII for as long as it remains combined.
Disclosure to Third Parties
6. At times Movie Showdown may make certain PII available to strategic partners that work with Movie Showdown to provide products and services, or that help Movie Showdown market to customers. For example, when you make a purchase through the Movie Showdown App, you authorize Movie Showdown and its third party payment processor to exchange the payment information you provide to us to carry out your purchase on the Services. PII will only be shared by Movie Showdown to provide or improve our Services; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
7. Movie Showdown shares PII with companies who provide services such as hosting, information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys.
8. It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Movie Showdown Inc. to disclose your PII. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
9. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all PII we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of PII
10. Movie Showdown takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your PII against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
11. When you use the Movie Showdown App or post on a chat room, or social networking service, the PII you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are solely responsible for the PII you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of PII
Access to PII
13. For other PII, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to such PII so you can request that we correct or delete the PII we have about you. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
14. We do not knowingly collect PII from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the PII of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
15. In some cases we collect and store information about where you are located, such as by converting your IP address into a rough geolocation. We may use location information to improve and personalize our Services for you.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
17. We take reasonable measures to protect the information that we collect from or about you (including your PII) from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.